Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Shoe Bench


I work part time at Shoe Carnival, a discount shoe store.  I unload shipment Tuesday mornings in the back stockroom.  I'm usually by myself and one morning I was browsing around all the junk and old store fixtures we have piled up back there.  I came across this old shoe bench...the kind I remember from the department stores my mother drug me to to buy school shoes each year.  It had never been used in my time working there, so I figured it had been sitting idle for quite awhile.  I called my manager and told him I wanted it.  He laughed but said he couldn't see why it would be a big deal.

So I did what any scavenger would do... I took it!
 
It came complete w/ unbroken mirrors on the sides and everything!

I knew right away that I wanted it to be a bench at the foot of my bed...for putting shoes on in the morning, of course!

I primed and spray painted it black and reupholstered the cushion w/- what else?-houndstooth fabric I bought at Hobby Lobby on clearance!  I was going to remove the mirrors completely and put something else there, but I thought nah- go w/ the original!



Now, nevermind the boxes - I AM in the middle of packing!  But here it is, at the foot of my bed :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there. Thanks for leaving some feedback on all of my hard work! I love hearing from everyone - friends and strangers alike. :)