Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Telephone Sand

I got this "telephone stand" at a garage sale down the street for $2.  Part of the veneer was chipped away, but what I really loved was the inlay design on the top. It needed ALOT of work! I spent an entire day in the driveway chipping away the rest of the top layer of wood to get it down to a smooth surface.  I chipped, and sanded (before I discovered the beauty of an electric sander!) until my fingers hurt.  All for a $2 piece of junk!  In some parts I was unsuccessful and couldn't get it to budge, but I think it gives the finished product character.  I used a dark walnut spray stain on it and put it in my room.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there. Thanks for leaving some feedback on all of my hard work! I love hearing from everyone - friends and strangers alike. :)